This is a question that I have been asked quite a lot recently. I have found multiple ways to do this but 2 are ones that I have used and find the most suitable.
- Using vSphere Client
- In vCenter go to: Home > Inventory > Datastores and Datastore Clusters
- Select your cluster in the left panel
- Choose “Storage Views” tab in the right pane.
- Sort by “Snapshot Space”
- Anything with more than 0.00b has a snapshot present
- Using Power CLI
- Connect to vCenter with PowerCLI
Run this command: get-vm get-snapshot format-list vm,name
You may also be interested in this article: Email Report Virtual Machine Snapshots