This article covers the deployment on the vCenter 6.0 VCSA, you will see that this process is radically different from previous processes.
- Download VCSA 6.0 from the VMware Website.
- Mount the ISO on your computer.
- go to the VCSA folder and install the VMware Client Intergration Plugin.
- launch vcsa-setup.html from the ISO.
- you will be prompted to Install or Upgrade, Choose Install
- Accept the terms and click next
- Enter the FQDN / IP and user details for an ESXi Host
- wait for validation then click yes on the certificate warning.
- Enter the appliance name and root password.
Select the install type, there are now 2 choices, you can either deploy the appliance as one virtual machine or two, when deploying as two virtual machines one would be the platform services controller and the second vCenter Server.
- Select the datastore you would like vCenter to reside on, tick “Enable Thin Disk Mode” if you want the Appliance to be Thin Provisioned.
- Select the database type, either Use an embedded database or Oracle database.
- Fill in the Network settings as required, choosing the correct network / IP addressing required for your network.
- vCenter will now begin to deploy.
You should now have a fully working vCenter Server Appliance 6.0, this install is much improved from previous versions and makes it much easier for basic users to get the appliance deployed.