This is a very short and sweet article documenting the offline upgrade process from 5.5 to 6.0
- Download the ESXi 6.0 Offline Bundle from the VMware website.
- Upload the file to the local datastore of the ESXi Host.
- Enable SSH on the ESXi Host
- Connect to the ESXi Host and run the below command:
esxcli storage filesystem list
- you should now have a list of your datastores, copy the mount point and add it to the below command:
esxcli software vib install -d <path_to_bundle.zip>
- wait until the upgrade has completed then enter the follwoing to reboot the host:
The host will reboot and you will now be able to connect with your client, you will be prompted to download the latest client and then you will be away!